When it comes to your return on investment, a garage door replacement is one of the best home improvement projects you can do to reap the biggest benefits. It’s an excellent way to improve the appearance and resale value of your home. At Midwest Exteriors MN, our garage door installers are experienced professionals who can typically complete the job in just one day.
Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Garage Door
- Home Value | Take a look around your neighborhood, and you’ll notice that for most homes, the garage door takes up a good portion of the exterior. It’s one of the first things people notice when passing by or visiting. A garage door that is relatively new and attractive offers curb appeal and can increase the value of your home. Potential buyers are especially sure to notice the condition of your garage door, so a nice-looking one can be a great selling point.
- Aesthetics | As mentioned above, a new garage door can significantly improve your home’s appearance. Today’s modern garage doors come in a wide range of colors, finishes, and styles, allowing you to transform your home as you see fit. Newer garage doors also typically have a protective layer of finish that prevents colors from fading, ensuring your new door will stay vibrant for many years after installation.
- Energy Efficiency | If you have an old garage door, it’s possible you’re wasting money on your energy bills. Like siding, a garage door helps provide insulation. An old garage door may have trouble keeping the cool air in during the summer and the warm air from escaping in the winter; if your garage is attached, it affects the temperature of your home to some degree. But even if your garage is detached, the insulating power of your garage door is important; many homeowners use their garage as a workspace, play area, or for storage. Replacing your old garage door with a fully insulated model can help create a more comfortable, energy efficient space.
- Maintenance | As is the case with most aspects of your home’s exterior, the newer your garage door, the less time and money you’ll need to invest in order to keep it properly maintained and looking good. Thanks to advances in design and technology, modern home exteriors products are more durable and long-lasting than ever before. Modern garage doors are designed to resist the fading, splitting, and warping associated with prolonged exposure to the elements.
- Added Protection | Having a new garage door installed increases protection for your family, your valuables, and your home. Many homeowners use the extra space in their garage to store personal items. If your garage door is poorly fitting or under insulated, these items can suffer damage from water, dust, and fluctuating temperatures. A new garage door will not only protect whatever’s inside from the elements, but it also adds an extra layer of security to your home. Burglars know how easy it is to break into an old garage door – and how common it is for homeowners to leave the entry door inside unlocked. With a new garage door, you’ll be equipped with the latest technology in garage door security.
You will enjoy many benefits from a new garage door. If you’re thinking of putting your home on the market in the next year or two, and your current garage door is looking a bit worn out, a garage door replacement can be especially worthwhile. Much like siding or roofing, your garage door can have a significant impact on your home’s curb appeal. Contact Midwest Exterior MN today to learn more about our garage door services. Our garage door installers are experienced professionals who can complete most installations in just one day. We promise to provide the best quality products and service at the most affordable price!