Transform Your Home With New Siding
Choosing new siding is an exciting process, because it can dramatically change the appearance of your home. But it can also be overwhelming due to the broad array of products, colors, and styles. Before you select new siding, we at Midwest Exteriors MN recommend driving through your neighborhood and making note of the attributes of houses that you like. When you meet with our experienced staff, share your ideas with our experts. We will be happy to assist with identifying the siding that best fits your needs, style, and budget.
The benefits of new siding installation include:
- Added Curb Appeal. Your siding is the first thing people notice when driving by or visiting your home. Beautiful siding can add curb appeal and increase the value of your home, while faded or damaged siding can make your home less attractive, and may even be a deal-breaker for potential buyers.
- Increased Energy Efficiency. Much like your roof, your siding provides protection from the elements. With proper siding, you’ll keep the cool air in during Minnesota’s hot summers, and prevent warm air from escaping throughout our frigid winters.
- Repaired Structural Damage. Damaged or aging siding has a tendency to let in moisture, which can cause structural damage to your home. Sometimes the damage is obvious, like the presence of water along a window sill. Other times the damage is hidden beneath the siding. While we’re replacing your siding, often we can repair structural damage from the outside without disturbing the interior of your home, ensuring you won’t encounter more costly repairs later.
Signs You Need New Siding
It’s a good idea to inspect your siding every year to evaluate its condition. Walk around the perimeter of your home and look for these telltale signs of deterioration:
- Warping | Commonly associated with improper installation, warped siding is an indication that your siding is not doing its job properly. Warped siding can allow moisture in and compromise not only the protective features of your siding, but also its appearance.
- High Energy Bills | Quality exterior siding is crucial when it comes to your home’s insulation and energy costs. If you’ve noticed a spike in your heating and cooling bills, your siding could be to blame.
- Mold | Finding mold anywhere in your home is a problem you want to deal with immediately. Mold that appears on your exterior siding or on the interior of your walls could be a sign that your siding is letting in moisture.
- Hail Damage | Hail can do a number to your siding, causing numerous holes and dents that leave your home vulnerable to the elements. With any kind of storm damage, contact the professionals at Midwest Exteriors MN to get an estimate of the damage before making an insurance claim. We’ll be happy to meet with your claims adjuster to ensure they identify the full extent of damage.
- Fading | Fading is an obvious sign of aging, and aging siding often does not function properly. Today’s high-performance siding products hold color better than ever. If your siding is starkly faded, it’s time to take a closer look at any problem areas in your siding that could lead to more serious issues.
If your siding is showing any of these flaws, it’s time to contact a siding company you can trust. The experienced crew at Midwest Exteriors MN can offer expert advice on siding repair and siding installation. A quality siding job provides more than protection from the elements. It should offer insulation and water resistance, all while adding curb appeal.
Let Midwest Exteriors MN transform the look and feel of your home with new siding installation. We offer a wide range of siding products to turn your home into the talk of the neighborhood. Call us today for a free, no-obligation quote!
Q. How can I tell if my siding needs to be replaced?
A. There are many signs that indicate your siding needs to be replaced, including:
- Wavy siding or swelling
- Paint or caulk failure
- Mold or dry rot
- Separation of seams
- Moisture inside of your home
If you ignore these signs, you run the risk of water intrusion, mold, wet insulation, and damage to the physical structure of your home.
Q. Does vinyl siding fade?
A .Yes it does. Darker siding will fade faster than lighter colors. Our experienced team can provide guidance for how various colors and products hold up to sun, wind, rain, and hail.